For the chicken
1 ⅔ cups chicken stock
⅜ cup white wine
1 Celery stalk (chopped)
1 bunch parsley stem (tied together)
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper
16 cherry tomatoes (halved and lightly seasoned to draw out the juices.)
1 bunch Basil leaves
2 slices lemons (finely chopped)
1. Bring the chicken stock and wine to the boil in a pan and add the celery and herbs.
2. Add the chicken breasts and poach gently for around 10 minutes until cooked through and no pink juices run out when pierced with a knife. Remove from the stock and keep warm wrapped in foil.
3. Add the carrots to the poaching liquor and cook at a gentle simmer until tender – about 10 minutes. Remove from the liquor and set aside.
4. Reduce the poaching liquor by half and season.
5. To serve, slice the chicken breasts thickly and arrange on a plate with the poached carrots. Scatter over the tomatoes, basil leaves and chopped lemon then drizzle with a tbsp or two of the reduced poaching liquor.