Dawn has been here for a little over a year and what an amazing transformation she has had!! It took me a while to get her through the doors, but when she did, she hasn’t looked back!! Physically but mentally as well!!! She is a different person!Dawn was actually nominated by another member, as well as on our list of deserving members, which she didn’t know, well until now…. and I’d like to share.
I’d like to nominate Dawn as crossfit MOM. Her 1 year crossfit anniversary is on Tuesday. In that year, she’s been consistent and determined. She’s lost 50+lbs, works out an avg of 6 days/wk; even through her injuries and asthma, she doesn’t give up. She’s motivated and always pushes herself to improve. She recently moved up to a larger box for box jumps, got hurt on her first workout but didn’t stop her from using it next workout. She signed up for the games and is determined to do the best she can. She always encouraging of the members around her. I hope I did her justice in this nomination. I don’t know all the members, but hope you will consider Dawn. It would be great, and I know it would mean a lot to her if she is awarded MOM during her Tuesday class for her 1 yr anniversary.
1. How Long have you been CrossFitting?March 20, 2017 was my first workout.2. How long have you been a member of CFSP?
3. What made you walk through the door?.I had been dealing with a back issue for about 18 months. Someone had a heart to heart with me that the only real way I would solve my back issue was to drop the extra weight I was carrying around. I knew KJ was involved in CrossFit so I gave her a call. Dan talked to my PT and started me off slow and modified and slowly I learned things, dropped weight and my back got better! With each milestone, new move, dropping the weight I became addicted to how different I felt. Very thankful for KJ and Dan for all the support and help!!
4. Whats your motivation.. whats your why for continuing this journey?I want to continue to feel good. I like not being tired and sluggish every morning. But, not just physical improvements have happened. I have changed mentally as well. I have tried things I would have been afraid to try before. And I like the confidence. I want to contnue to improve both in the gym and outside the gym. I know what it is like to be lost and I dont want to go back there!
5. What does your diet look like? Veggies, fruit, chicken, eggs. Lots of water. Cheese. I am addicted to cheese. Cheat day on Saturday. Not perfect and a work in progress. Seriously have a sweet tooth that gets the best of me at times!
6. What is your favorite movement or work out?DB snatch. Or Cleans (which I used to hate!)
7. What is your least favorite movement or work out?Renegade rows.
9. Tell us about Dawn, outside the box?I have been married for 24 years. I have 3 children. My oldest son is 22 and graduated college last summer. He lives and works in Boston. My 2nd son is 18 and attends Rutgers. My daughter is 12, going into 7th and takes the kids classes. Im a director at a childcare center and love photography!
10. One piece of advice you would tell a newbie?It isnt easy, but it is worth it. Stick with it. Dan is great and creates a safe place for us to learn and grow.