The Golden Kettlebell will be bestowed on one CFSP member monthly! There is no set criteria for MOM, or member of the month, because there are many different reasons we may want to recognize you! They will be awarded based on performance, attitude, some accomplishment outside the box, really its totally at the staff’s discretion!! So keep doing awesome stuff!!Alanna was chosen to be our first MOM because she consistently shows up to do work!! She is a founding member who comes in daily and continues to learn and improve!!
Here is a little more about Alanna!!!
1. How Long have you been CrossFitting?I took a few CF classes many years ago at a gym in Tribeca. But I’ve been coming regularly only since December 2015.
2. How long have you been a member of CFSP?My husband and I are CFSP Founders – we joined when the gym opened in Dec 2015.
3. What made you walk through the door?.You are literally 1/4 mile away from my home. You can’t make excuses about not going to the gym when it’s a 2 minute car ride.
4. Whats your motivation.. whats your why for continuing this journey?
My kids and husband are all gifted athletes and I was forever frustrated about not being able to keep up. I still can’t actually keep up, but I feel much better about it.
5. What does your diet look like?Michael Pollan would be proud. I try to “eat food, not too much, mostly plants.”
6. What is your favorite movement or work out?I like almost everything—except for seal walks. If I had to choose one favorite it would be overhead squats. Scary but so much fun!
8. Goals?? 3 months, 6 months, one year from now?
A genuine pull up would be nice.
10. One piece of advice you would tell a person just starting?
If you stick with it for a month, you’ll never stop.