Grilled Dijon Chicken Skewers
Posted on 05-31-2018 by KJ in CFM
- 8 oz small fingerling potatoes
- 2 small leeks ( 1 inch-1 ½ inch in diameter)
- 1 lb chicken boneless, skinless Chicken breast
- 4 T dijon mustard
- 4 T olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves- grated or finely minced
- 1 T chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- Soak Skewers in hot water. ( or soak overnight)
- Blanch potatoes in a pot of salted simmering water, until fork tender, for about 15 minutes ( depending on the size). Drain.
- Cut leeks into disks about ¾ inch thick.
- Set leeks in a saute pan with ½ inch of water( coming up half way up the sides of the leeks) bring to a boil, turn heat down and simmer on low for 5 minutes, until tender, and vibrant green. Drain, carefully, so they stay intact.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Generously salt and pepper the chicken on all sides.
- In a small bowl mix mustard, oil, minced garlic and rosemary, salt and pepper until incorporated.
- Slice lemon.
- Preheat grill to med high.
- Assemble Skewers- place chicken, potato, leek ( through the side, not middle) a lemon slice folded in half, and repeat, chicken, potato, leek and finish with chicken on the end. Should have enough to make 8 skewers total.
- Brush each sewer with the dijon marinade on all sides, using up all the marinade.
- On medium high grill , grease with spray oil, and place skewers on the grill. Cover and let cook about 4 minutes, or until there are good grill marks. Turn over. Turn heat to medium, cover and cook 4 more minutes. Rotate and grill the other two sides of the chicken, for a few minutes. Turn heat off and let chicken rest on the grill, covered, allowing it to continue to cook through until its done, about 5 minutes. Place on a platter and scatter lemon slices and rosemary sprigs around. Serve with a Ceasar Salad.