- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
Ground pepper to taste
Hot sauce, finely diced fresh jalapeños, cayenne pepper and/or chipotle powder to taste
- Mash avocados in a medium bowl. Add cilantro, onion, lime (or lemon) juice, oil, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Season with hot sauce, jalapenos, cayenne and/or chipotle, if desired.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover tightly to prevent browning and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.