CHICKEN MEATBALL & ROASTED VEGETABLE SHEET PAN DINNER
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds (565g) yukon or golden potatoes
- 1 pound (450g) chicken meatballs (raw or cooked) OR raw chicken sausage
- 1 pound (450g) broccoli crowns
- 1 pound (450g) carrots
- salt and pepper, to taste
- enchilada or pasta sauce for brushing on meatballs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (205ºC). Slide oven racks into the upper and lower third positions. Grease 2 rimmed baking sheets with 2 teaspoons of olive oil on each pan. Alternatively, you can line both baking sheets with parchment paper. You wouldn’t need to grease the parchment paper.
- If you are using raw or cooked chicken meatballs, set them aside. If you are using raw chicken sausage, chop them into 1-inch chunks. I like digging the ground meat out of the casing and shaping the meat into meatballs.
- Chop broccoli browns in to florets. Slice carrots into 1/4-inch thick sticks that are about 3 or 4 inches long. You can also use baby carrots for this. I recommend slicing the thicker carrots in half. Chop potatoes into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a generous pinch of salt. Spread the potatoes over the 2 baking sheets. Slide the baking sheets onto the upper and lower third oven racks and bake potatoes for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Toss broccoli florets with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt. In a separate bowl, toss carrot sticks or baby carrots with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Remove baking sheets from the oven, and give the potatoes a stir. Spread out the broccoli, carrots and meatballs onto both baking sheets. Bake everything for 15 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through. The meatballs should register at 165ºF (75ºC). (NOTE: If you are using cooked meatballs, you only need to bake them for 8 to 10 minutes. Add cooked meatballs onto the baking sheet last.)
- Remove baking sheets from the oven and season everything with salt and pepper to taste. Brush some sauce on the meatballs, if you like.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Yields 4 Servings. Amount per serving: Calories: 484, Total Fat 24g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Sodium: 201mg, Cholesterol: 98mg, Total Carbohydrate: 45g, Dietary Fiber: 10g, Sugar: 10g, Protein 27g
If you are using cooked meatballs, just bake them for 10 minutes instead of 15.